SAN Storage Admin
Maplewood, MN/REMOTE : SUBJECT TO EXPORT/ITAR CONTROL REGULATIONS: USC or LPR only
24+ Months Contract
The person hired for the position of Storage Administrator (IS Analyst) is responsible for maintenance of the Primary Storage environment. Duties include administration, operations, and maintenance of a large enterprise SAN as well as various storage equipment including Dell Isilon, NetApp and HPE 3par in a 24x7 environment. As a member of the CID Primary Storage team this position will interact with numerous groups to plan, implement, coordinate, and support the various software and hardware that comprise the primary storage architecture.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Process provisioning requests for storage, server connectivity, and appropriately match requirements to available storage.
• Monitor storage infrastructure capacity and performance using supplied storage management tools. Suggest and implement proactive measures to avoid impact to end-users.
• Troubleshoot issues in close collaboration with various infrastructure and application teams. Use technical knowledge, problem assessment and strong communication skills to provide timely resolution.
• Perform proactive maintenance of storage infrastructure components including storage operating systems, component-level firmware and management applications.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Document configuration and operational procedures to be utilized by the infrastructure team.
• Participate in multiple projects that require storage infrastructure resources
• Direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, and technologies subjected to FDA regulations, compliance and U.S. Export Control laws.
• Timely and concise communications to application contacts, tech services, direct team and Supervisor/Manager.
• Minimum of 5 years IT experience
• Strong troubleshooting, fault isolation and resolution skills
• Must have U.S. Citizenship or equivalent (meet Export Control / ITAR requirements)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of Network Attaches Storage or Storage Area Network management
• 2-4 years NetApp ONTAP administration
• 2-4 years SAN switch/fabric experience (Brocade)
• 2-4 years scripting knowledge (shell, Bash, Perl, PowerShell, Python)
• 2-4 years Microsoft Windows operating systems (2012 or newer)
• 2-4 years RedHat Linux operating system including CLI experience
• 2-4 years Dell Isilon
• 2-4 years HPE 3par
• Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
• Willingness to standardize, automate and improve storage infrastructure
• ITSM application and processes (Incident, Change and Problem Management)
THIS IS A LONG-TERM MANAGED SERVICES POSITION WITH COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS. IMMEDIATE NEED.