Remote till June 2021, Prefer MN-based candidates but will consider remote candidates as well.
Our client is a large fortune 100 company that is a leader in the Health and Safety industry. We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking IT Professional that can take the lead in maintaining and enhancing the current EHS Application base. Optimally qualified candidates be well versed in:
• Handling multiple projects and executing complex projects across diverse domains,
• Analyzing user needs and business requirements,
• Documenting as-is and to-be processes,
• Seeing projects through SDLC,
• Production implementation, consulting, and client management.
Areas of Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain database software applications by evaluating needs; analyzing requirements; enhancing or developing new business applications.
• Developing new / customizing core application programs to support client’s business rules and requirements.
• Developing custom interfaces to integrate core application with third party systems using their provided APIs
• Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and performance tuning of misbehaving software modules.
• Performing software updates and support after hours
• Work closely with programmers to suggest improvements within the overall vision for projects; prepares work flow charts, diagrams, and necessary documentation using knowledge of software capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
• Proficiency in SQL and Java.
• Experienced writing SQL queries and generating customized reports.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented methodologies and design patterns
• Knowledge of Linux operating system and ability to maintain and automate tasks using shell scripts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of programming theory, and excellent debugging skills.
• Experience in an Agile environment.
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline
• SQL: 4 years (Required)
• Java: 4 years (Required)
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Lotus Notes: 2 years (Preferred)
• OpenShift knowledge (Preferred)
• Cloud migration experience (Preferred)
THIS IS AN ASAP NEED ON OUR NATIONAL MANAGED SERVICES TEAM. POSITION WILL BE REMOTE UNTIL (MINIMALLY) JUNE 2021 and thereafter be conducted in client's corporate HQ in Woodbury, MN. LOCAL Candidates or those willing to become local in the future may receive preference but all well qualified candidates encouraged to apply. APPLY IN CONFIDENCE WITH CONTACT DETAIL AND SALARY REQUIREMENT FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.