This exciting permanent position will have responsibility for the following areas: operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the database and software systems at the primary and backup control centers; Monitoring Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system events; assuring compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) requirements related to the system; occasional Assistance with maintaining the rest of the communication network plus additional help with IT network as needed.
LOCATION: It is required that the employee assigned to this position reside within 20 miles of Humboldt, Iowa due to the nature of this role.
SALARY RANGE: $75,000-$93,000 DOE, FULL-TIME DIRECT HIRE
POSITION AVAILABILITY: Immediate
“DAY IN THE LIFE” DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and maintain Corporate communication network.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware for all communication devices and SCADA related functions including software upgrades supplied by the vendor, hardware installation and upgrades, as required, to maintain system reliability.
- Update and maintain all system databases. Modify and create system displays and query data to create reports and search event logs.
- Monitor the SCADA network for hardware or software problems, including SCADA network firewalls, switches and all virtual environments. Provide technical support to the system operations staff. Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Windows and Red Hat servers and other SCADA interfaces.
- Monitor and maintain anti-virus/malware, intrusion detection and prevention, and system event intrusion monitoring software used for system protection.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, those pertaining to the NERC/MRO Compliance Program. Document and validate system modifications. Perform backups to ensure proper audit details.
- Provide support required during audits, spot checks, compliance data submittals, NERC alerts and any other requests from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), NERC or other entities related to compliance.
- Trouble-shoot communication problems for the Cooperative, member distribution cooperatives and municipals.
- Assist in establishing a system of inspection reports, maintenance forms, and prepare reports and records as required.
- Follow safety rules and regulations of IAEC, IOSHA, OSHA and the Cooperative and observe safe working habits including regular communication with appropriate internal Superintendent regarding daily operations.
Necessary Skills and Abilities for Success:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to learn basic operations of transmission system operation.
- Strong team-oriented communicator with abilities to work collaboratively with all types of people.
- Strong problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- Necessary Education/Experience for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, engineering or related field.
- Five to seven years’ experience in a related area. (A combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Extensive experience with routing and switching equipment from vendors like Cisco, Juniper or Arista. In depth experience of EIGRP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Comfortable working in a Microsoft and Linux server environment. Programming languages for scripting and automation.
License and Certification Desired:
THIS IS A RETAINED SEARCH FOR A PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS IN HUMBOLDT, IOWA. ALL SEARCH FEES ARE PAID BY OUR CLIENT AND THERE IS NO APPLICATION FEE TO CANDIDATE APPLICANTS. SEND RESUME IN CONFIDENCE, FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION AND PHONE SCREENING. NO SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION: CANDIDATES MUST BE PRESENTLY ELIGIBLE FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY U.S. EMPLOYER FOR CONSIDERATION.